DK ORTHOTICS & INJURIES CLINIC
WHAT IS AN ORTHOTIC?
Orthotic devices are specialised shoe inserts which help to realign your foot and body posture. Orthotics help to off load stress and prevent injury.
WHO NEEDS ORTHOTICS?
Think of your feet in a similar way to the foundation of your home. A house relies on its foundations to keep it sound. Our feet are our bodies foundation. If our feet are misaligned or there is increased stress and force placed upon them (due to sport or prolonged standing and walking) this in turn can cause injury or wear and tear. Orthotics will help to rebalance any misalignment in our feet, off-load stressed areas and give better functional support to the structures above.
LIST OF CONDITIONS THAT MAY NEED ORTHOTICS
- Flat Feet
- Leg length discrepancy
- Shin splints (medial tibial stress syndrome)
- Iliotibial band (ITB) syndrome – Lateral knee pain (Runners Knee)
- General ankle, knee, hip and lower back pain
- Tight gastro-soleus (calves) and hamstrings muscles
Exclusively At Base2Race
- Advanced bio-mechanical assessment 45 Min-1 Hours €50.00
- Semi-customised orthotics €40.00 - €65.00
- Custom made orthotics €225.00 - €250.00
- Insoles and orthotic prescriptions are manufactured from PPL Biomechanics Cork